If you work for an Australian Government agency, you can log into Check-up Digital or request access.
Open for submissions from 1 July to 30 September 2014, Check-up Digital is a practical online survey developed by the National Archives of Australia to help Australian Government agencies gauge their digital information management maturity and set clear direction for improved digital practices.
Check-up Digital focuses on business benefits. It supports the Commonwealth Government’s priorities of 'digital by default', digital transformation and improved efficiency. It is derived from National Archives' and international standards, policies and guidelines and reflects a risk-based approach to information management so investment matches business risks and value of information assets.
Check-up Digital measures only the digital aspects of information management, so overall agency ratings may differ from Check-up 2.0, especially those agencies that are mainly paper-based.
Check-up Digital is divided into three sections:
- optimising business outcomes
- addressing risk
- managing business systems
It will help you to:
- improve awareness of what mature practice information management looks like
- identify pathways to improve your agency’s digital information management
- set priorities for next steps to increase digital information management maturity
- build a business case for resources to improve business outcomes
To complete assessments, we recommend agencies consult widely, gaining input from all relevant areas such as security, ICT, senior executives and business units.
For further information
For further information about Check-up Digital, please email us.