Training, events and development
Effective information and records management depends on having both the technical and human resources to do the job. The National Archives of Australia supports development in information and records management capability by offering a range of training programs and resources.
Check our training and events calendar for dates and locations of upcoming workshops, training courses and professional events.
Digital Edge workshops
Interactive and dynamic half-day workshops on topical issues in digital information management.
- Avoiding technical obsolescence looks at the challenges of ensuring digital information remains accessible and usable over time.
- Conquering the paper mountain focuses on reducing backlogs of paper records that are overdue for destruction.
- Demystifying ISO 16175 explores the standard and examines how it can be used as a tool for digital transition in your organisation.
- Information governance examines how to establish an information management framework to effectively support business goals and governance. Looks at data collection, analysis, reporting and other aspects of a process which is critical to digital information management.
- Paper tigers – challenging the myths of 'going digital' takes participants through the application of work process analysis, mapping and digitisation to improve efficiency and remove paper from systems.
The Archives offers the following face-to-face training courses.
- Developing a records authority is a highly interactive course that explores the steps involved in developing a records authority for issue by the National Archives.
- D.I.G.I.T.A.L. – Unpack the seven keys to effective digital information and records management.
- Making sense of recordkeeping metadata provides an introduction to metadata and the Australian Government Recordkeeping Metadata Standard (AGRkMS).
- Practical sentencing in a digital environment is a hands-on, computer-based training course which focuses on how to sentence digital information and apply records authorities issued by the Archives.
If you would like to view the eLearning modules, request a quote or discuss options for access please contact email@example.com
Government Agencies Information Network or GAIN Australia is a national network supporting agency information and records professionals in the Australian Government. It organises face-to-face and online forums which are aimed at chief information officers, senior managers with information and records management responsibilities and information and records managers from Australian Government agencies.
Education and professional development
Information and records managers can build, maintain and enhance their capability through vocational or academic studies and participation in professional development activities.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 6212 3954.