Keep the Knowledge
Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record is a training package developed by the National Archives of Australia to assist all Australian Government employees, contractors and consultants to understand their records management responsibilities.
Keep the Knowledge can be used by agencies to present in-house training to their staff. Presenting Keep the Knowledge in your agency will help staff to:
- identify what is a record
- recognise why records matter
- understand their records management responsibilities
- decide when to make or keep a record
- understand where records should be kept in your agency.
The Keep the Knowledge package includes a range of resources Australian Government agencies can use. These include:
- a PowerPoint slideshow (pdf, 470kb) and presenter's guide (pdf, 2.6mb) which can be used 'off the shelf' for face-to-face training with groups, or modified to reflect agency specific requirements
- a fold-out reference card (pdf, 2.2mb) which can be distributed to staff
- a set of four promotional posters (pdf, 1.4mb) available in A2 and/or A4 size, which highlight key records management messages in a humorous way
- an eLearning module for self-paced learning (see below).
Australian Government agencies can obtain modifiable versions of the slideshow and presenter's guide and/or copies of the reference card and posters, by completing the product request form.
The Keep the Knowledge eLearning module can be used to provide self-paced learning to staff. The module takes approximately 15–20 minutes to complete and is available in Flash (media-rich), HTML (low-bandwidth) and a text-based version optimised for accessibility.
Note: To use the Flash, XML version or text-only versions with Internet Explorer 9, switch to web compatibility view mode via the browser tools menu.
Important note about copyright
Copyright of the Keep the Knowledge training package, including the Geoff Pryor cartoons, rests with the Commonwealth of Australia. The National Archives of Australia administers that property.
Australian Government agencies are authorised to use, adapt or modify the Keep the Knowledge slideshow and presenter's guide on certain conditions of use.
All other use of Keep the Knowledge is governed by the Copyright Act 1968. Inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be directed to the Training and Product Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Archives welcomes feedback on Keep the Knowledge and your experience using it. Your comments will help to improve the package for all Australian Government agencies.
Please email your feedback to email@example.com.
For further information
For further information about Keep the Knowledge, contact the Training and Product Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.