Change to accepted payment methods in reading rooms
From Monday 2 July 2018, National Archives' reading rooms in each State and Territory capital will no longer accept cash payments for the following services:
- reading room photocopying,
- certification of records, and
- copying orders for RecordSearch digitisation, photographic imaging, and audiovisual records.
This initiative, which is consistent with the Archives' objective of providing services digitally, will make payments simpler and faster.
- Prepayment is required for all copying services. Payment (in AUD) may be made by EFTPOS or credit card.
- Order and pay online for copies of whole files and photographs listed on RecordSearch. Please choose your purchases carefully. Before you make payment check the product you are purchasing, how it will be made available to you, and the expected service standard.
- A tax invoice can be issued, upon request, for amounts over $50.00.
- More information about our copying charges is available here.